The advantages of eSIM
We present the new all-virtual SIM, which eliminates plastic and increases convenience.
- Set it up in a few moments and you’re connected right away
- You no longer need to insert and remove the SIM from your new phone
- It cannot be lost or damaged, because it is downloaded directly to your smartphone
- You can easily transfer it from one device to another
How to activate
The card of your eSIM will be sent to you via email, which will be equipped with a QR Code, PIN and PUK code. Once scanned, the QR code will allow you to download your eSIM profile to your smartphone (just like inserting a physical SIM into your phone) and be able to use Vodafone connectivity right away.
How to transfer eSIM to another device
If you have an eSIM that is already active and you want to transfer it to another device, you will need to:
- have the QRcode associated with your eSIM at hand. If you don’t have it, go to the Do It Yourself area of the Vodafone.it website and download it again before proceeding.
- have an internet connection, both Wi-Fi and hotspot/tethering on another device, or from any other SIM present on the device if it is a dual SIM.
- delete your eSIM profile from the old device.
- reinstall the eSIM on the new device using the same QR Code.
If you are unable to recover the QR Code, you will have to go to the store and request a replacement eSIM.
How to download your eSIM profile
- Buy the Vodafone eSIM
- Since you’ll need to use a Wi-Fi connection to proceed, make sure your device is connected to the internet
- The Vodafone eSIM will be equipped with a QR Code (activation code), PIN code and PUK
With iOS operating system
- Scan the QR code using your iOS QR reader (do not use third-party QR reader apps). Click Continue to install your cellular plan, then Add.
Alternatively, follow the path below: Settings → Cellular → Add Cellular Plan. Scan the QR code shown on the activation card by framing it with the device, then click on Add.
- Your eSIM is almost ready; click to continue. You will be prompted to identify your eSIM as primary or secondary. By clicking on Continue, you can choose whether or not to activate the Cellular Data Exchange function to have guaranteed connectivity on the main or secondary line depending on coverage and availability.
- After clicking Done, you will be prompted to unblock your eSIM by entering the PIN code found on the card. At this point the eSIM profile will be installed on your iPhone and you will be able to use Vodafone connectivity.
- You can save multiple eSIM profiles on iPhone, but you can only use one at a time. To switch between eSIMs, go to Settings > Cellular, select the eSIM profile you want to use, then select Activate this line.
With Android operating system
- Follow the path below: Settings → Connections → SIM card management. Any previously installed eSIM profiles and the Add rate plan item to be selected to download a new eSIM profile will be visible here.
- On the next screen select the item Add with QR code. Scan the QR code on the activation card by framing it with the device.
- A pop-up message will appear with the details of the eSIM profile which will install on your smartphone. Click Add.
- After the profile has been installed, a pop-up message will ask if you want to activate it. Select OK.